What is PRINCE2?
PRINCE2 (an acronym for PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a de facto process-based method for effective project management. Used extensively by the UK Government, PRINCE2 is also widely recognised and used in the private sector, both in the UK and internationally. The PRINCE2 method is in the public domain, and offers non-proprietorial best practice guidance on project management.
Key features of PRINCE2:
- Focus on business justification
- Defined organisation structure for the project management team
- Product-based planning approach
- Emphasis on dividing the project into manageable and controllable stages
- Flexibility that can be applied at a level appropriate to the project.
How PRINCE2 Can Benefit You or Your Organisation?
Using PRINCE2 provides you with greater control of resources, and the ability to manage business and project risk more effectively. This will benefit:
- Individuals seeking leading project management skills and greater employment prospects
- Project managers
- Directors/executives (senior responsible owners) of projects, and Organisations.
For individuals, PRINCE2 certification is an invaluable asset to your career as it increases employment prospects and helps you to do your job more effectively.
For organisations, PRINCE2's formal recognition of responsibilities within a project, together with its focus on what a project is to deliver (the why, when and for whom) provides your organisation's projects with:
- A common, consistent approach
- A controlled and organised start, middle and end
- Regular reviews of progress against plan
- Assurance that the project continues to have a business justification
We offer the following PRINCE2 training : PRINCE2 Foundation, PRINCE2 Practitioner and PRINCE2 Re-Registration.
There are two stages for this Certification. The are:
- PRINCE2 FOUNDATION
- PRINCE2 PRACTITIONER
The PRINCE2® Examination Board has determined that all Registered PRINCE2 Practitioners should be re-registered within 3-5 calendar years of their original certification (failure to pass the Re-Registration examination after five calendar years as a Registered Practitioner will result in withdrawal of your registered status). In order to achieve this you can undertake:
PRINCE2 Re-Registration package. Whereas the PRINCE2 Foundation is for life and does not require the Re-Registration package